Crime Report

On November 12 at 1:25 p.m., a burglary occurred on the 5100 block of South Kimbark Avenue. The female victim was sleeping in her residence when she heard a noise. The victim woke up and saw a man in her hallway. Upon seeing her, the offender fled. The offender is described as a white male, 20-30 years old, 5 feet 6 inches tall, with brown hair, a mustache and a slim build. He was wearing light blue jeans with a green top.

Also on November 12, at 6:23 p.m. a robbery occurred on the 1600 block of East 53rd street. A female victim was walking alone when a man reached out and grabbed her purse. The offenders took $6 in cash, as well as personal papers contained in the victim’s purse before fleeing. They are described as black males, 20-25 years old and both approximately 5 feet 6 inches tall.

A 14-year-old girl was the victim of an attempted robbery on November 14 at 3:30 p.m. on the 1300 block of East 53rd Street. She was walking eastbound on 53rd Street when three men came up behind her and requested any valuable items she had on her. She ran onto Dorchester Avenue, where she hid for a while before she went home and told her mother, who notified the police. The offenders are described as black men, 17-18 years old. One is 5 feet 4 inches tall and the other two are 5 feet 10 inches tall. All three were wearing black hooded sweatshirts.

A strong-arm robbery occurred at 9:23 p.m. on November 14 on the 5100 block of South Harper Avenue. A man and a woman were walking when two men approached them and demanded money. A confrontation occurred between the male victim and one of the offenders. After the male victim was knocked to the ground, the woman handed the two offenders $25. The two men then ran south on Harper Avenue through Harper Court. The first offender is described as a black man, 17-20 years old, 5 feet 10 inches tall, 190-200 pounds, of medium build with a light complexion, wearing a black hooded sweatshirt, a white and blue jacket, and dark slacks. The second offender is described as a black man, 17-20 years old, of similar height and build, wearing a black hooded jacket, black pants, and black shoes.