Crime Report

An armed robbery occurred on May 19 at 11:15 p.m. on South Woodlawn Avenue. A 16-year-old man walking on the street heard two people running toward him. One of the offenders grabbed him by the collar, struck him in the face, and knocked him to the ground. Then both suspects went through the man’s pockets, stealing his cell phone and a hat. They then fled the scene. The victim describes the first offender as a black man, age 16 to 20, 5 feet 10 inches, and 210 to 220 pounds. He describes the other offender as a black man, 5 feet, and 150 pounds. Each offender was described as wearing a dark coat, blue jeans, and a ski mask.

Another armed robbery occurred on May 19 at 11:40 p.m. at 5400 South Harper Boulevard. When a 40-year-old man walked into the vestibule of his apartment, two men ran in behind him, forcing the door open and gaining entry into his home. The first offender displayed a handgun and said, “Give me your money.” When the man gave the first offender his wallet, the offender handed it to his partner, who removed cigarettes from it. Both offenders then fled the scene. The offender holding the handgun was described as a black man, age 17 to 20, 5 feet 10 inches, 180 pounds, and with a dark complexion. The other offender was described as a black man, age 17 to 20, 5 feet 10 inches to 6 feet 1 inch tall, 160 to 170 pounds, and with a medium complexion. Each offender was described as wearing blue jeans, a light blue jacket, and a cap.