ORCSA director named associate dean of students

Sharlene Holly, director of the office of the Reynolds Club and student activities (ORCSA), has recently been promoted to associate dean of students. Steve Klass and Bill Michel recently announced the promotion, which will be effective July 1, 2005. In addition to her new responsibilities, Holly will continue to be director of ORCSA.

Michel, in his e-mail announcement, praised Holly for her three years of work as director of ORCSA. He said that in the past few years, Holly and her staff have encouraged strong growth in the depth and support they offer to the University’s students and student organizations.

“Not only has the number of Recognized Student Organizations increased, but the general growth in the level and complexity of activity and activism in which our students engage in on a daily basis has benefited from the significant guidance and support ORCSA provides,” Michel said.

Michel noted that Holly and her ORCSA staff provide considerable support to all areas of the University that make use of event spaces across campus in buildings, such as Ida Noyes Hall, the Reynolds Club, Mandell Hall, and Bartlett Hall, as well as outdoor spaces that are used by students to support their activities.

“Holly’s promotion recognizes these efforts and the important role that she and the entire staff at ORCSA serve in supporting and creating many key elements of student life at the University,” Michel said.

As director of ORCSA and associate dean of students, Holly will not only continue to work with the ORCSA staff to support University students, but will also serve as the University’s “senior colleague” focused on student voice. Michel explained that Holly’s latter responsibilities would include working with Student Government and others students to ensure that students are actively engaged in University decisions that effect their experiences on campus.