STD—3/4 to 3/10

Movieoke at the Whistler and more!

Friday, March 4

Montreal-based ensemble Masques makes its Chicago debut this Friday as part of the Howard Mayer Brown International Music Series. The performance, titled “Fandango! Variations on a Spanish Theme” includes Vivaldi’s “Follia” and a fandango by Canadian composer André Ristic. Telemann’s “Don Quixote” will close the evening. (Mandel Hall, 7:30 p.m., $5)

Saturday, March 5

Forget about your 10th week woes over a few caipirinhas at Carnaval 2011. The annual celebration at Logan Square Auditorium features traditional Brazilian food as well as performances and samba lessons from Chicago Samba. (2539 North Kedzie Avenue, 10 p.m., $15)

Sunday, March 6

In honor of Jane Addams’ 150th birthday, Pocket Guide to Hell Tours is organizing the 1915 Hunger March Reenactment to recognize the 1,500 Chicagoans who marched from Hull House to City Hall to protest the city’s high unemployment rate. Of course, snacks and warm beverages will be served after the tour. (800 South Halsted, 2 p.m., free)

Monday, March 7

Celebrate Casimir Pulaski day at The Whistler with some Movieoke. The monthly event, which is karaoke for the big screen, has over 200 scenes from 150 movies and a costume wardrobe for performers to choose from so they can reenact their favorite movie scenes. (2321 North Milwaukee Avenue, 9 p.m., free)

Tuesday, March 8

For those not livin’ on a prayer at the Bon Jovi concert, Datarock will be stopping at the Bottom Lounge en route to SXSW. The kitschy Norwegian band is currently on tour to promote its new single, “Catcher in the Rye.” The so-called “most extravagant single in history” will be released on a single USB stick featuring 110 tracks, 20 music videos, and an hour-long concert film. (1375 West Lake Street, 9 p.m., $15)

Wednesday, March 9

The Bruised Orange Theater Company brings personal ads and missed connections to life in its weekly performance of I Saw You. Each performance is cultivated straight from that week’s Chicago Reader adult matches section to turn the otherwise anonymous voices into awkward audience encounters. (3340 North Halsted Avenue, 8 p.m., $5)

Thursday, March 10

When everyone else is toiling away on the A-Level, you’ll be studying in style at the Smart Museum. Tables and chairs will be scattered throughout the museum, and fresh brewed coffee will be available to keep you awake into the wee hours of the morning. There will also be a study break in the lobby at 11 p.m. (Smart Museum, 9 p.m., free)