ITS to move to Harper Court this weekend

The move is part of an effort to spur development on East 53rd Street.

Starting November 7, administrative personnel from Information Technology Services (ITS), 250 staff members from Alumni Relations and Development, and 100 staff members from Facilities Services will be moving from their existing offices in Hyde Park and downtown Chicago to a new location at 5235 South Harper Court. The move-in process will be complete by mid-December.

The moves are part of a broader effort by the University to spur economic development along East 53rd Street, as well as to bring together its employees to a central location, according to ITS’s Assistant Director for Operational Delivery Marlyn Llorens.

“It was an opportunity. There was a lot of movement going around on campus, not just with ITS, but with groups around campus. When this opportunity came up and we were asked if we would be interested in moving to 53rd Street, the answer was ‘yes,’” Llorens said. “The space is absolutely beautiful, and to be right…in Hyde Park—there are a lot of amenities.”

To facilitate transportation to and from the new East 53rd Street location, the University will start running a East 53rd Street express shuttle, which begins operation Monday, November 4.