This is a series the Maroon publishes summarizing instances of campus crime. Each week details a few notable crimes, in addition to keeping a running count from September 23. The focus is on crimes within the UCPD patrol area, which runs from East 37th to 65th Streets and South Cottage Grove to Lake Shore Drive.
Here are this week’s notables:
- November 8, Regenstein Library—Between 2 a.m. on September 16 and 6 a.m. on November 7, an unknown person(s) took a ladder and a push cart. A contractor reported the case on November 8.
- November 9, 5727 South University Avenue (Math & Stats Building Parking Area)—Between 6:15 p.m. and 9:35 p.m., an unknown person smashed the side window of a parked vehicle and took a briefcase containing a laptop computer and documents.
- November 11, 5800 South Stony Island Avenue (Shapiro Hall, Laboratory Schools), 5:15 p.m.—A male individual entered the building without permission and created a minor disturbance. UCPD officers issued a trespass warning and sent the individual on his way.
- November 13, 1380 East 56th Street, 1:00 a.m.—Two unknown males, one armed with a handgun, took property from a victim walking on the sidewalk. The victim was not injured. The case is being investigated by the CPD.
- November 13, Center for Care & Discovery, 1:10 p.m.—During the course of an argument, a woman struck her mother in the face with her fist. The suspect fled the scene before UCPD arrived.
Source: UCPD Incident Reports