This is a series the Maroon publishes summarizing instances of campus crime. Each week details a few notable crimes, in addition to keeping a running count from September 23. The focus is on crimes within the UCPD patrol area, which runs from East 37th to 65th Streets and South Cottage Grove to Lake Shore Drive.
Here are this week’s notables:
- November 16, 5500 South Ellis Avenue, 1:58 a.m.—A UCPD officer discovered a motorist unconscious in a vehicle. The motorist was removed from the vehicle and transported to the ER.
- November 18, South Woodlawn Avenue between East 55th & 56th Streets—Between 7:40 a.m. and 4:00 p.m., an unknown person(s) gained entry to a private residence by breaking a side window. The suspects removed property from the home. The case has been turned over to the CPD for investigation.
- November 18, 1330 East Midway Plaisance—Between 2:30 and 3 p.m., an unknown person broke into a parked vehicle and took a DVD player, GPS, and pager.
- November 19, 1116 East 59th Street, 7:37 p.m.—A group of young males were involved in an argument that resulted in a physical fight. The UCPD detained one suspect, who was turned over to CPD.
- November 20, Levi Hall, 9 a.m.—Scratches were found on the exterior surface of a second floor hallway door. The cause is unknown.
Source: UCPD Incident Reports