This is a series the Maroon publishes summarizing instances of campus crime. Each week details a few notable crimes, in addition to keeping a running count from September 23. The focus is on crimes within the UCPD patrol area, which runs from East 37th to 65th Streets and South Cottage Grove to Lake Shore Drive.
Here are this week’s notables:
- October 31, East 55th Street between South Lake Park & Cornell Avenues, 7 p.m.—An unknown male entered a restaurant, snatched a woman’s purse from a chair, and fled to a vehicle waiting in the alley. The case has been turned over to the CPD for investigation.
- November 1, 5700 South Maryland Avenue (Hyde Park Market Place), 7:15 p.m.—An unknown person shattered an exterior window in the store.
- November 2, 5714 South Woodlawn Avenue (Fraternity House), unknown time—Between 4 a.m. and 6:45 a.m., an unknown person(s) took a TV and an x-box system from the residence. The case has been turned over to the CPD for investigation.
- November 2, East 64th Street between South Kenwood & Dorchester Avenues, 3:32 p.m.—Three males were observed breaking into a private residence. Two of them were detained by UCPD officers and turned over to the CPD. The third was arrested by the CPD.
- November 4, East 57th Street & South Blackstone Avenue, 2:40 p.m.—A motorist struck a bicyclist at the intersection. The bicyclist complained of injury to his foot and was transported to the ER. The case is pending CPD investigation.
Source: UCPD Incident Reports