SG creates survey for Loop shuttle

SG has begun to survey students about the University’s South Loop shuttle service in an attempt to convince the Office of Transportation and Parking to change shuttle locations and times for next year to fit student preferences

After reportedly low ridership on the current South Loop shuttle, which transports students between the Reynolds Club and the Roosevelt CTA Station at East Roosevelt Road and South State Street from 9 p.m. to 4 a.m. on Fridays and Saturdays, Student Government created a survey to provide students the opportunity to vote on the different locations and times that they would most likely use the shuttle. Possible locations include Wicker Park, Logan Square, Lincoln Park, and South Columbus Drive, behind the Art Institute of Chicago.

SG representative Yusef Al-Jarani believes the Offfice initially did not understand the ridership issue but that, “after presenting the survey idea to them, they’re really willing to work with [SG].”

According to Al-Jarani, nearly 700 students have already filled out the survey, 35 percent of whom were graduate students. SG plans to keep it open until the end of the quarter, after which they will present the results to the Office of Transportation and Parking.

—Maira Khwaja