Center in Delhi names director

The University announced the appointment of Bharath Visweswariah as the inaugural executive director of the new UChicago Center in Delhi, on Monday.

His duties will consist of overseeing the staffing and administrative functions of the Center and carrying out its overall strategic vision.

Visweswariah has an extensive background in business and management, having worked as a project manager at McKinsey & Company and most recently as a managing director at CEB Asia since 2006. He holds a Bachelors of Technology in Metallurgical Engineering from the Indian Institute of Technology–Madras and an M.B.A. from the Indian Institute of Management–Calcutta.

In a University press release, Gary Tubb, the Center’s faculty director, highlighted Visweswariah’s role in the Center’s future.

“The faculty steering committee and I look forward to working with him to make the UChicago Center in Delhi a destination of choice for scholars from across the disciplines,” Tubb said.

The Center will open this March, joining the University’s other hubs in Beijing and Paris.