New Exhibit With Flight Simulators Opens at MSI

The exhibit celebrates Boeing’s centennial anniversary.
The Museum of Science and Industry
The exhibit features multiple simulators.

An interactive aerospace exhibit opened Tuesday at the Museum of Science and Industry (MSI). 

The "Above and Beyond" exhibit features multiple simulators, including an avian flight simulator that allows guests to experience flight through motion-sensing technology, and a simulated space elevator. In a 5,000-square-foot space, the exhibit also houses full-size versions of space drones and touch screens where guests can design and pilot their own supersonic fighter jets. 

Guests can experience what the MSI describes as “the ultimate interactive experience” with the purchase of an entry ticket to the museum, although they must also acquire a free, timed-entry ticket onsite. 

“Sparking an interest in the wonder of aerospace at an early age is a priority for Boeing, and the Above and Beyond exhibition provides future engineers, pilots or astronauts with an interactive glimpse into how they can achieve their dreams and inspires them to pursue careers in science and technology,” Greg Hyslop, Boeing’s chief technology officer, said in a press release by the MSI.    

The exhibit, presented by Boeing, which is headquartered in Chicago, is celebrating Boeing’s centennial anniversary of flight and space exploration. It will remain open until January 8.