/  

March 8, 2016

Center for Leadership and Involvement Launches New Fund to Support Non-RSO Groups

The Center for Leadership and Involvement (CLI) recently launched a new fund to support non-RSO student initiatives and organizations, including fraternities and sororities. Student groups will have to apply to receive support from the fund, which will allow them to reserve University spaces 10 times per quarter for meetings and three times per quarter for events.

Awardees will be able to use funds to book spaces at Reynolds Club, Ida Noyes Hall, and several classrooms at a discounted rate. The Student Engagement Fund, which is supported by the Student Life Fee, will begin accepting applications during spring quarter.

Students supported by the fund will be able to reserve event spaces up to a year in advance, but requests to use University spaces will only be accepted for academic years during which applicants have received funding. The CLI will also require awardees to go through Student Engagement Fund “training modules” before they can access their awarded funds.

The fund will accept requests for up to $4000 of funding, and students will be able to apply for funding during fall, winter, and spring quarters before Monday of sixth week. Students will only be able to receive funding once per academic year.

“All non-RSO student groups must follow the same policies regarding requesting funding, reserving rooms and participating in University events. This change applies to all non-RSO student groups, not just Greek organizations, and is an effort to ensure all students have access to important resources and to further enhance programming for the UChicago community,” said Assistant Vice President of Student Life Michael Hayes in a statement.

According to the CLI’s website, initiatives that are not part of a larger program are more likely to receive funding, and students applying for funding should inform the CLI of their affiliations with external organizations.

Comments have been closed.