New Student Discounts Come to Hyde Park

New businesses on the list include Dollop Coffee in Campus North, Native Foods Cafe, New Balance, 57th Street Books, H&R Block, and The Revival.

Eighteen new discounts have been added to the Student Government (SG) local business discount program.

New businesses on the list include Dollop Coffee in Campus North, Native Foods Cafe, New Balance, 57th Street Books, H&R Block, and The Revival. Upon presenting valid UCID to the cashier or server, students and staff can receive discounts ranging from 10–50 percent off. For Kilwins, a daily 10 percent discount will replace the existing $5 discount on fudge for students wearing maroon apparel on Maroon Mondays.

The SG local business discount initiative is executed in conjunction with Office of Civic Engagement’s UChicago Local initiative, a University partnership that connects businesses and job seekers in the mid–South Side.

At the SG General Assembly meeting on Monday night, Community and Government Liaison Cosmo Albrecht expressed interest in bringing discount programs to businesses outside of Hyde Park.

"I look forward to continuing to take steps to make life in Hyde Park more affordable and enjoyable for students and anticipate taking the discount program outside of our neighborhood in the quarter ahead,” Albrecht said in an e-mail to The Maroon.