Exhibit A

What to do and where to go.
-

Tuesday [11/21]

5:30 p.m. Spoken word poet and Title IX educator Olivia Gatwood will be leading a workshop and performance on sexual assault, consent, and healthy relationships. Chipotle will be served afterwards. Mandel Hall, free.

7–8 p.m. The Open Door series, which showcases work from Chicagoland writing instructors and their students, features Chicago State University English professor Kelly Norman Ellis and her student Andrea Rehani. Poetry Foundation, free.  

7–9 p.m. Doc Films hosts film scholar and Anrezj Żuławski expert Daniel Bird as he introduces a special screening of Żuławski’s The Third Part of the Night. Doc Films, $5.

7:30 p.m. As part of the Hyde Park Jazz Society’s ongoing series, Third Tuesday Jazz, composer and band leader Roy McGrath will perform with his tenor saxophone. Café Logan, Logan Center, free.

Thursday [11/23]

8 a.m. Get your Thanksgiving off on the right foot with the 40th Annual Turkey Trot in Lincoln Park. There are races for all ages supporting the Chicago Food Depository. There will be pre- and post-race activities including corn hole, football toss, and warm apple cider. Register at turkeytrotchicago.com, $50 fee for 5K/8K. Start line at Diversey at Cannon Dr.

11 a.m. Stretch your legs after too much turkey and cranberry sauce with a trip to the annual Christkindlmarket, a German-inspired outdoor Christmas market in downtown Chicago with food and gift vendors. Open 11 a.m.–4 p.m on Thanksgiving; open 11 a.m.–8 p.m. Sunday to Thursday and 11 a.m.–9 p.m Friday to Saturday for the rest of the season, Daley Plaza, free.

Friday [11/24]

4:30 p.m. Experience the holiday spirit as the Lincoln Park Zoo gets lit up by millions of colorful Christmas lights. There will be themed displays, carousel and Ferris wheel rides, and live ice-sculpture carving. Visit lpzoo.org to find the full calendar of events. Lincoln Park Zoo, free.
7–10 p.m. Trumpet player and composer Marquis Hill performs with a band of keyboard, bass, and drums, as well as a guest DJ for a night of jazz sure to make you sway. The Promontory, $40 VIP table seat, $34 row seat, $15 standing lounge.

Monday [11/27]

9:30 p.m. Less well known than classics like Vertigo and Psycho, Rebecca, starring Laurence Olivier and Jean Fontaine, was Alfred Hitchcock’s first Hollywood film. Doc Films will be presenting a late-night screening of the moody masterpiece. Doc Films, $5.