Summer Breeze Moved Indoors, Students to Receive Refunds

In order for students who purchased a resale ticket to receive a refund, they must have the purchaser of the original ticket present with their UCID.

Major Activities Board (MAB) has decided in conjunction with the Center for Leadership and Involvement (CLI) to move its spring concert from Hutchinson Courtyard to Mandel Hall due to forecasted thunderstorms on Saturday evening.

E-mail notifications were distributed to those who purchased tickets informing them whether or not they purchased rain-protected tickets—the first 800 tickets that were sold on May 6.

The tickets with numbers on them lower than 800 are not necessarily those that are rain protected. Tickets were not distributed in numerical order, and the first 800 sold were determined by the time stamp of the purchase. All Summer Breeze attendees have been notified via e-mail about the status of their tickets.

Those who purchased tickets following the 800th sold are eligible for a refund beginning Monday, May 22. To receive a refund, students who bought tickets must present their UCIDs at the Mandel Hall box office. Refunds will be mailed to a summer address, per CLI policy.

A MAB representative told The Maroon that the group claims no responsibility for resale tickets. In order for students who purchased resale tickets to receive a refund, the original ticket purchaser must be present with their UCID.

Those who purchased the first 800 tickets can pick up wristbands at the Mandel Hall box office today between noon and 4 p.m., or tomorrow in C-Shop between 9 a.m. and 1 p.m. Wristbands are required for entry into the Saturday concert.

The concert will feature artists D.R.A.M., Tinashe, and Sam Gellaitry. Attendees can line up outside Mandel Hall starting at 5 p.m. and the doors will open at 5:30 p.m. The doors close at 8:30 p.m. and there is no re-entry. The first 250 to arrive will be granted access to the pit for the show.