Team of the Year: Women’s Soccer

The women’s soccer team had a great year, making it all the way to the Final Four.
UChicago Athletics
The Maroon women huddle together during a timeout.

With a school record–tying 18–4–1 record (4–3–0 in UAA) and a .804 winning percentage, the women’s soccer team is the maroon’s Team of the Year. The South Siders were ranked eighth overall, making it to the Final Four of this year’s NCAA tournament. Coached by Amy Reifert, the squad went on a terrific tournament run, beating Webster, Augsburg, Thomas More, and Pomona-Pitzer along the way. It was the fourth time in school history the team had reached the Final Four. 

Standout performers included third-year Mia Calamari and second-year Jenna McKinney who were able to gain All-American status and were also in the D3soccer.com’s All-American First Team. In addition, first-year goalkeeper Katie Donovan kept nine clean sheets with the eighth-best record in the country, giving her All-UAA Second Team and National Soccer Coaches Association of America All-Region Second Team berths. Boasting a roster loaded with young talent, next year’s team will come out hungry for a championship.