Booth Alumnus Gives $5 Million to Polsky Center

The Booth School announced on March 6th that Alumnus Rattan L. Khosa, ‘79, gave a $5 million gift to establish new awards, prizes, and stipends at the Polsky Center.

The Booth School of Business announced on March 6 that Booth alum Rattan Khosa, MBA ’79, gave a $5 million gift to establish new awards, prizes, and stipends at the Polsky Center for Entrepreneurship and Innovation.

Khosa is a founder of AMSYSCO Inc., a post-tensioning supplier, and serves on the Polsky Council for Entrepreneurship and Innovation. In response to the University’s “Inquiry and Impact” fundraising campaign which aims to raise $5 billion by engaging 125,000 alumni, he contributed $5 million, founding the Rattan L. Khosa Student Entrepreneurs Program.

The program offers four main opportunities. One is the Rattan L. Khosa First-Place Prize at the Edward L. Kaplan ’71 New Venture Challenge. The Challenge involves forming new startup companies; a few of its outgrowths include Braintree, Bump Technologies, and Grubhub. With the Khosa Prize, the winner of this program will receive at least $150,000 this year. The award value will increase for following years.

The Rattan L. Khosa Entrepreneurial Fellowships will grant year-long stipends and one-on-one mentoring to two graduating students who commit to build ventures full-time. It will be awarded every quarter, and Khosa himself may participate as a mentor.

In addition, three students who support or launch a startup can obtain financial support by becoming Rattan L. Khosa Entrepreneurial Interns. This internship offer is a part of the Polsky Center Entrepreneurial Internship Program.

Lastly, entrepreneurship faculty or staff can nominate graduating students for the annual Rattan L. Khosa “Against All Odds” Student Award. The award will go to a student who has successfully overcome hardships in founding a business.