In The Past 2 Weeks, 79 New Cases of COVID-19 in University Community

The University reported 32 new cases and 16 close contacts from the past week.
-

The University reported 32 new cases of COVID-19 and 16 close contacts from the past week. In the last two weeks, there have been 79 new cases of COVID-19 affiliated with the University community. The UChicago Forward email sent on January 22 reported 47 new cases and 28 close contacts.

Surveillance testing found 10 positive cases this week and reports a 0.17 percent positivity rate. Last week, the program found 13 positive cases and reported a 0.22 percent positivity rate. 

There are now fewer than 5 students in on-campus isolation housing. 19 students are isolating off-campus.

Since surveillance testing began in September, there have been 159 positive cases. The overall positivity rate is 0.23 percent, the same as the week before. 

These numbers include cases found through the University’s surveillance and symptomatic testing programs, as well as reports from University affiliates who are living and working off-campus.

Last week, the University informed members in the weekly update email that it had removed several students from University housing due to violations of the University’s Health Pact. 

According to the email, these violations included “disregarding the face covering mandate and limits on the number of people who can gather in residence halls.”