Maroon Editorial Board

CONTRIBUTIONS

What We're Thankful For

It's been a wild 2019. Per tradition, The Maroon gives thanks.

/  

November 26, 2019

Flat Caps, Not Percentages: We Need a Sensible Honors System

The University may be justified in thinking the old Dean’s List was too lax. But the new system will spark confusion and unnecessary competition.

/  

November 19, 2019

In Defense of Taking Time to Grieve

In light of recent difficult events, students' need for easily accessible mental health services remains pressing. Here's a roundup of current resources.

/  

November 12, 2019

The Answer to Grad Education Woes? It’s Still a Union

New changes to Ph.D. programs expose the dishonesty of the administration’s stated aim to guard the faculty-student relationship—and departmental autonomy—from interference.

/  

October 29, 2019

Discounts and Deals: Dining Out Affordably

For food issue, the Editorial Board looks at options for eating out on a budget.

/  

October 22, 2019

As Tuition Soars, Quality of Education Stalls

Though UChicago has become the nation's most expensive college, educational support systems—especially for low-income students—lag behind.

/  

October 15, 2019

College Students, Join the Picket Line

Undergraduate support is essential to this week’s GSU strike. Here are some ways to get involved.

/  

June 2, 2019

Non-Tenure-Track Faculty Should Be Eligible for the Quantrell Prize

The University should honor its contract with Faculty Forward, the union of non-tenure-track faculty, and make all non-tenure-track faculty eligible for the Quantrell teaching award.

/  

May 22, 2019

To Improve Grad Students’ Pedagogical Training, the University Must Recognize GSU

Undergrads should care about graduate students’ struggles—many college students are taught by graduate students from day one.

/  

May 6, 2019

Endorsement: CARE for Executive Slate

On key topics, the slate combines clear stances with meticulous plans that go beyond mere advocacy.

/  

May 3, 2019